Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

Mein erste Blog



I cannot believe I am actually in München. It’s crazy especially because, for whatever reason, it has always been on my heart to travel to/live in Germany. I even remember my first day of German with Baker at Wade Hampton..and since then..I have always wanted to travel to Germany and become fluent in the language. And now, six years later, I’m actually here. I am so grateful to my parents for understanding how important this experience is to me. I love Clemson, and it will always be a home for me, but I have never felt like I’ve needed something so much before. God is going to do something really special here. I’m so excited to see what He has planned..as opposed to my constant failure at guessing haha. When I applied to go to Germany the year after my last year of high school, I could not believe I wasn’t even given an interview. I didn’t know if that meant I wasn’t supposed to pursue this dream any further or if I should wait until I was older and more mature. When I went to Clemson for my freshman year, God made it very clear why I didn’t get to go then…and that’s because I ended up studying the Bible, completely changing everything in my life, getting baptized, and healing from everything I went (and put myself) through while growing up. We can’t handle big adventures with God if we can’t handle dealing with our hearts and figuring out who our true selves are. I’ve met a lot of people that say they would like to these kinds of abroad to take the time to figure out who they are…to be able to get away from everything they know and maybe even start over. That’s what I would have done if I’d gone to Germany at 18. But now, I know who I am. I am 20 years old, and I am a Disciple. Instead of starting over or figuring out who I want to be, I will look at this as straining ahead, growing toward maturity, learning how to have a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline, and deeply falling in love with God. Er ist immer am meistens wichtig und er wird wichtig erhalten sein.

Philippians 3:13-16
“Brothers, I do not consider myself to have yet taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.”

Philipper 3:13-16
“Wie gesagt, meine lieben Brüder und Schwestern, ich weiß genau: Noch habe ich den Preis nicht in der Hand. Aber eins steht fest: Ich will alles vergessen, was hinter mir lieft, und schaue nur noch auf das Ziel vor mir. Mit aller Kraft laufe ich darauf zu, um den Siegespreis zu gewinnen, das Leben in Gottes Herrlichkeit. Denn dazu hat uns Gott durch Jesus Christus berufen.”
I will post pictures and write about the city soon :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen